Top Google BigQuery Interview Questions & Answers
Quickly refresh these BigQuery concepts and win every interview that you appear for, with this list of Top BigQuery Data Warehouse Interview Questions that are frequently asked:
1. What is Unique about BigQuery Cloud Data Warehouse?
BigQuery is cloud native (built for the cloud).So, It takes advantage of all the good things about the cloud and brings exciting new features like,
- Auto scaling
- Unlimited Storage
- Time travel
- Military grade encryption and security
- Robust data protection features
And Bigquery comes with the below advantages:
- All the data is compressed by default
- All the data is encrypted by default
- Its Columnar, thereby making the column level analytical operations a lot faster
BigQuery also has a simple and transparent pricing, which makes it very easier even for smaller businesses to afford a cloud data warehouse
2. What are the different ways to access the BigQuery Cloud Datawarehouse ?
You can access the BigQuery Data Warehouse using
- Web User Interface
- ODBC Drivers
- JDBC Drivers
- BQ Command line Client
- Python Libraries
3. How does data compression works in BigQuery ?
All the data is compressed by default in BigQuery. BigQuery chooses the best compression algorithm and its not configurable by the end users. NOTE: Eventhough Google stores the data in compressed format internally, it charges the users for uncompressed size of data. (For both storage and compute)
4. What is BigQuery Caching ?
BigQuery caches the results of every query you ran and when a new query is submitted, it checks previously executed queries and if a matching query exists and the results are still cached, it serves the cached result set instead of fetching from the disk